Having a BALL with Daisies. . .

I know that I had planned on sharing my ‘outdoor bath’ with you for my next post.
But sometimes, I just gotta switch things up a little. lol!
I have been anxiously waiting for my Daisies to bloom so that I could share this sweet little wool table runner that I recently completed.
DSC02190
I love wool, aqua jars, and Daisies so when my friend, Amanda offered to share this pattern with me I was elated!  It was a small candle holder so I took it to a copy shop and had it enlarged to make a runner.
DSC02193
I have been waiting for my Daisies so that I could pick a little bouquet to go in one of my vintage ball jars and place in the center of the runner.
Last night myself and a few friends attended a local garden tour.  One of the homes had feverfew blooms in a jar.  My sis said, “Don’t you have these little Daisies”?.  Immediately I thought, why wait?
PicMonkey Collage
DSC02189
I picked a few extra blooms to share with my sis and placed them in an enamel German pitcher I bought at an estate sale yesterday.
Why not sit them in the living room next to my cute thrift find Daisy plate until I give them away?
DSC02188
Although they aren’t Shasta Daisies, they still are so sweet!
DSC02194
DSC02203
I love the rustic chippy look of this pitcher.  However, I really debated whether or not to buy it.  Loved it, but it was not cheap.  I dished out $40 for this.  When I questioned the lady in charge of the estate sale as to why it was so much, she said because it was from Germany.  I had to tell myself, “if you want it, buy it”!  I often have to remind myself that this is Utah and vintage items are not as inexpensive here.  Don’t often find the bargain prices that some of my blog friends in other states do.
DSC02187
Lastly, I had to play a little with my Daisies outdoors on a rustic bench I bought at a yard sale last Sat. for $15.  The bench found a new home out on my front porch.
DSC02199
DSC02201
It’s easy to see that I really was having a ‘ball’ with my new runner and Daisies!
hugs,
Jann


I want to thank Kathryn from the Dedicated House for featuring my Summertime Fun Porch at Make it Pretty Monday Party!


I will be sharing with:’


The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Thoughts from Alice for Sundays at Home
The Scoop

Coastal Charm for Show and Share

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

26 comments

Susie said...

Jann, That is the cutest runner ever. I love the jars. I gave my daughter a chippy pitcher like yours in an orange color...she still has it, touches my heart, cause it also goes with a cookie jar that was my mom's. xoxo,Susie

Salmagundi said...

Of course, I love wool applique; so was excited to see your new runner. What fun it is!!! Couldn't be more perfect. Sally

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann
This is the cutest runner. Love it. Your daisies look sweet in the ball jar and new pitcher. So sweet and summery.
Kris

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I love your white pitcher! I'm glad that you decided to get it, despite it's price. It's so perfectly distressed!
Cute post.
Erica :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

How did you do that? So cute,love the jar!

Gina said...

So pretty, Jann! I love the runner!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love the runner and the pretty daisies

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That's so cute! You did a great job on it and I love those litle daisies! What a cute vignette on the new little bench.
Have a great weekend!
XO
Liz

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Adorable! Shasta daisies are one of my favorites and they thrive in MN! Love the bench, too!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Adorable! Shasta daisies are one of my favorites and they thrive in MN! Love the bench, too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann, this runner is so cute and the daisies are perfect in the Ball jar. Love the enamel pitcher also!

hugs, Linda

Kris said...

Oh my gosh...LOVE the runner! LOVE the daisies, and love the new bench. I grab them whenever I see them, as they are such great ways to display things.
Also, can't remember now if I commented or not, but was catching up with reading blogs, and sometimes I am on ipad when I do that, and commenting is kind of hard to do, so I don't. But I am in love your your outdoor rooms!!!
XO Kris

Leslie said...

I love everything about this post!!! So adorable.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the blue ball table runner...so cute. I'll be working on some blue ball necklaces for my upcoming shows. Was so excited when I found the little pieces.
~Cindy

Ana said...

Oh Jann, the runner turned out beautiful. And that pitcher is great. I think it would have been hard for me to pass it up too. It is the perfect mix of chipy, shabby, loveliness. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤️Ana

priscilla said...

Love..love..love the runner !! Daisies and Mason jars ...what could be better ! Love your new pitcher too :)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh his post is just so cute - love your runner (you are so talented) and all your awesome treasures you found.

Well done, my friend!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jann, what a super cute wool runner you made! That last photo really does it for me - perfect with that little stool/bench. I love that mix of colors.

Kathleen said...

That's lovely! 40 $, ouch!

Stacey said...

Your runner is amazing. Your flowers are too. :)

mimi_62 said...

Good job, Jann

Love your new bench.

Unknown said...

So adorable!!! Daisies are one of my favorite flowers. How can you not smile when you see them!! Luv your runner.....it's perfect!!~~Angela

Rose L said...

Another creative creation!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, the runner is darling cute, jann! love the cute bench, too!

the cape on the corner said...

absolutely adorable! at my brothers wedding this past weekend, they used ball jars and sunflowers.
b

The Charm of Home said...

Super cute table runner Jann! Thank you for linking with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Instagram