What’s next?

Whenever I start to put the decorations away after a holiday my hubby always asks,” What’s next?”

Funny thing is that this time the question came from my sister, Jeanne. My hubby didn’t say a word.

It’s sort of a garden theme, I replied.

If Mother Nature is going to be so slow to bring the garden to me, I guess I’m going to have to bring it to myself.

019

My poppy plants out back are getting so large.  I can’t wait until they bloom!

025

Keeping the table décor pretty simple for a change.  Giving my family a break.  Usually it’s pretty busy and takes a while to clear it whenever we need table space.

020

022

I LOVE my nest and bloom pillows!

023

Mantles pretty simple also.  What’s wrong with me?  I must be sick, have I got a fever?

032

028030

I’m such a sucker for dishes!  Poppies!!

033

Roses!

026

The days that it’s too chilly to work outside the bowls and apron are ready for me to whip up something sweet.

034

Kitchen windowsill. I made the herb alphabet sampler years ago.  My friend, Joyce gave me the pattern.  Still one of my favorites!

I shared a link on ‘It’s a very Cherry World’ be sure and check her out.  It’s obvious she loves cherries and red.  A girl after my own heart!

9 comments

Whittron said...

that sampler is adorable, & I love all your dishes!

Peg said...

Such a great idea to bring the garden in, I'm tired of waiting for Mother Nature to get her act together. Your garden theme is very refreshing, bright and cheerful. It makes me feel hopeful that Spring will eventually get here, infact I saw a few signs of it today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

veryheatherly said...

When I grow up I hope I'm as cool as you! Your house is so cute!!

Susanne said...

What lovely touches of red; so glad I dropped by.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Those splashes of red here and there certainly brighten up your home!

THE SEEKER OF RUBY AND RED

The seeker of ruby and red
Will not let green go to her head;
Instead she will seek
Her senses to pique
With cherry and crimson instead.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Stunning Red Rocks

Unknown said...

Lovely decorations. Thank you for your precious mother's memories. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and entering the Mother's Day Giveaway.
Good luck, Please keep all those in AL that were affected by the devastating tornadoes. Tiff

Teresa said...

It's all so pretty and fresh and springy! I'm starting to wonder if Mother Nature will ever, ever bring spring my way, so maybe I'll have to follow your lead and bring the outdoors in!

mimi_62 said...

It's a Very Cherry World. Loved the red poppy.
Amanda

Instagram