Summer Time Fun Porch. . .

Although the official first day of Summer isn’t until  the 21st, once June has arrived and the temps are reaching close to 90 my thoughts turn to Summer.

Usually I decorate my front porch in an Americana theme.  This year I decided to give it a twist.

DSC01494

Using some of my vintage collections I’m hi-lighting the fun activities that we associate with Summer. . .

Summer time is so much fun!

It’s a time for hitting balls and hearing the fans yell,

Run!

DSC01482

For some, (like my hubby) they have only one wish. . .

that would be to catch a ‘big’ fish!

Summer Porch

Others just want to hang out at the beach.

Dreams of that ‘perfect tan’ are within reach!

(little nautical banner was made from paint chip samples)

DSC01480

DSC01493

The little tykes find joy in the simple things like riding

a trike.

or strapping on a backpack and taking a hike.

(did you ever decorate your bike and ride it in a children’s parade?)

DSC01496

DSC01497

DSC01495

Some like to camp out and sleep under the stars,

or smile in amazement as they catch fireflies in jars!DSC01487

DSC01488

You might try packing a picnic and head to the park. . .

Soon you’ll be as happy as a Meadow Lark!

DSC01481

(thinking I  need some flags coming out of the drink holder)

DSC01484

Nothing says Summer like homemade ice cream. . .

DSC01485

We certainly know that it makes us all scream!

(I scream, you  scream, we all scream for ice cream!)

As the summer time temps begin to rise. . .

Don’t forget to get out and enjoy the skies!

 Every now and then the kid in my can’t help but write a silly little poem.  Been doing it since I was young. . .why stop now? lol!

hugs and happy summer!

Jann

This post was featured at The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday.  Thanks Kathryn!

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm for Show and Share

Home Away from Home for Tuesday's at our Home Party

Project Inspired Party

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

We Call it Junkin for History and Home

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Weds.

Melissas Antiques for Thrifty Things Friday

This post was featured at:  The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday.  Thanks Kathryn!

 

 

 

 

 

37 comments

NanaDiana said...

What fun decorating, Jann! I love everything you have done...from the baseballs to the tricycle to the star---so cute! Love it- You are READY for summer! xo Diana

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

You have so many fun vintage goodies on your porch, Jann! I would feel right at home!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

You have so many fun vintage goodies on your porch, Jann! I would feel right at home!

Gina said...

I love your porch, Jann! It screams summer & is so much fun!

priscilla said...

Love your porch Jann ! The hampers and the lanterns are my favorites :)

priscilla said...

Love your porch Jann ! The hampers and the lanterns are my favorites :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Jann,
Love the picnic baskets and that trike is too cute. I always love your vignettes. This porch is beautiful.
Have a super start to the new week.
Kris

Suburban Girl said...

Oh so much fun! I was just looking at my son's baseballs and thinking I need to use them somehow for summer decor!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

So many fun and great things to put on a porch.
Have a lovely week.
Denise

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I love how you decorated everything and it looks so patriotic too. Have a nice week.
Julie

Susie said...

Jann, I love your summery porch. It will be so nice all through the summer too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

cynthia lee designs said...

What great vintage goodies you have on your front porch!!
~Cindy

LBP said...

What a beautiful and summery porch! Could you and decorate mine?

Blessings

Linda

Creations By Cindy said...

I love all of your summer time Jann! So refreshing! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

farmhouse-story said...

love the star on the window, and that cute trike, jann!

Cynthia said...

Jann what a fun porch for summer. Love all your vignettes. The bistro chair is a find I hope I can get my hands on!!

Cynthia

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

This post is just FUN!
I am going to steal your idea with the window, flag and star...I have all three items!

Unknown said...

You have a great collection. I love all the vintage pieces.
Angel

Sarah said...

You have some great pieces of Americana. I like to pull out Americana and patriotic pieces for the summer months. I have to ask about the wonderful sitting Uncle Sam. Can you give me any details? I've collected Uncle Sam folk figures since the 80s. This is a wonderful piece!

Rose L said...

Cute poem to go with the displays!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

An adorable poem and darling summertime decorations! I love those lanterns!
Thanks for sharing!
Erica

Art and Sand said...

I am in love with that red slatted chair.

Art and Sand said...

I am in love with that red slatted chair.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Oh, how cute! I love how it all came together and speaks of summer.

Kim said...

What a great space you have to display your treasures! Love that red chair...swoon!

Donna Wilkes said...

Cute and clever couplets. Great styling with all the elements of summer. Love the unifying red, white and blue color theme. I bet HD and Lowe's will be out of those colors of paint chips tomorrow.

Christina Paul said...

What Fun and Fabulous decorating ideas!- I love how you used these objects together to create your theme without the predictable July 4th decorations- might steal the paint chip idea!
Happy Summer!

Anonymous said...

You have fabulous decorating skills, Jann! My favorite has to be the lineup of lanterns. What wonderful colors. Thank you for joining the History & Home link party. So glad you did! -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Love the Americana them you've got going on there! The poem is pretty darn cute too :) Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!
Blessings, Deborah

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Oh my goodness Jann....your porch is filled with so many wonderful bits of Americana! I want to come a check everything out!!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Project Inspire{d}!!
Hope your weekend was extraordinary!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Oh my goodness Jann....your porch is filled with so many wonderful bits of Americana! I want to come a check everything out!!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Project Inspire{d}!!
Hope your weekend was extraordinary!

Melissa said...

This is all so perfect for summer. I love the baseballs in the basket and that green lantern is awesome! Thanks for sharing @ TTF! :)

Unknown said...

I'm lovin' your porch Jann. We always do a big Fourth of July party at our house so I love the Americana theme. Thank you for the inspiration.
Blessings,
Patti

Unknown said...

I'm lovin' your porch Jann. We always do a big Fourth of July party at our house so I love the Americana theme. Thank you for the inspiration.
Blessings,
Patti

Audrey said...

So many cute decorating ideas. I need to get my front porch in order and have some fresh Summer decorations. Thanks for inspiring me.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Unknown said...

Hi Jann,

Your red tricycle is a real vintage charmer and I can see you have a red thermos too, they are fun to collect.
Hugs, Lynnie
www.cottagegalstyle.com

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So pretty and fun!! Love all your sweet touches!! :) Wishing you a lovely weekend!! xo Holly

Instagram