Hi-Ho Cherry O!

Hi Ho my friends!  Where or where did June go?  This month has literally flown by.

I can’t let it slip away without sharing one of the things that comes to my mind when I think of June. (Along with my sweet mother’s birthday who was named after the month).

June signifies ‘cherry pickin’.  As a teen I had a job pickin cherries.  I loved climbing to the top of the tree and getting the ‘cream of the crop’.

I’ve been pickin cherries ever since.

I use to display them during the month of June, but now they have found a permanent home in our basement farmhouse kitchen.

IMG_1486_thumb[1]

I pick cherry dishes.

cherries 2
DSC02322
DSC02323
DSC02320
DSC02321
DSC02325
cherry cabinet_thumb[1]
DSC02308
DSC02312
cherries 1
DSC02310
DSC02307
DSC02299
cherries 3

And cherry décor.

DSC02327
DSC02311
IMG_1496_thumb[1]
DSC02335
IMG_1480_thumb[1]

I pick cherry fabric and turn it into pretty things.

DSC02328
DSC02334
DSC02298

Cherries have even found their way into the playhouse under the stairs.

133_thumb[3]
DSC02332
DSC02329
DSC02331

I recently was gifted this cherry item from a neighbor.  I’ve picked quite a few cherry items for my sister.  I’m running out of room, but can’t bear to leave one cherry behind. lol!

DSC02336

All that cherry picking tuckered me right out.  So I had to stop and eat a few that I had picked at a local fruit stand on Sat.

DSC02337

Just look at the size of those sweet things!

DSC02339

When it comes to cherries, you can pick as many as you would like.  When it comes to eating them. . .pace yourselves my friends!  lol!

Now I have a question for you ‘much more savvy bloggers’.  The other day Pinterest suggested 6 cherry themed boards for me to follow.  They were all so dang cute that I followed all 6.  Now my question is, “Once you follow a board, how do you ever see it again?”  Yes, I am a Pinterest dummy!

I know that there are a lot of cherry pickers out there.  Are you one of them?  if so, ‘Happy Pickins’!

hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Coastal Charm for Show and Share

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

21 comments

Sandra said...

What fun to have a special theme/interest to collect. And cherries look like a good way to go. You have so many wonderful items to decorate your kitchen. I truly enjoyed seeing your collectables. :)

Creations By Cindy said...

Everything is coming up Cherries at your place! How pretty and bright and cherry! Happy Day! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Gina said...

I love your cherry collection, Jann! So much prettiness to look at! I recently put out my cherry pieces for the kitchen, too. I don't have many pieces, I may need to go shopping in your basement kitchen. LOL

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Cherry collection!!

About Pinterest...get on to Pinterest and you should see your name in the upper right corner. Click on your name and you should see..."Your Profile & Pins"...click on that and it will bring up your page. Over to the right you should see where it says "Followers" and "Following". Click on "Following" and it will bring up all the boards that you are following. Hope this helped.
hugs,
Cindy

Maureen Wyatt said...

The farm kitchen is sweet but the play kitchen is absolutely darling, especially the cherry accents!

Karie said...

OMGosh, what adorable cherry themed things you have. You are so talented and you put together such cute, displays. Love, love visiting you. Hope you have a wonderful week, and July 4th celebration. Hugs my Utah County friend. Karie

Unknown said...

Such a pretty collection! You've done a great job of putting it together Jann.

Bquiltin said...

Wonderful....u follow your passions, with sweetness and cherry jubilee. I'm getting there in my future. The quilts were fab - did you make them?

priscilla said...

Love all your cherry dishes Jann ! You have such a wonderful way of displaying all your treasures !

Kim said...

I adore red, so your collection (and kitchen) really caught my eye! Gorgeous! I may have to run out and get some cherries now! As far as Pinterest goes, once you follow a board, anytime the owner pins something to it, it will/ should come up in your home feed. If you want to see the specific board in its entirety again, then you need to check your following list, as Cindy suggested! Good luck!

Marigene said...

What an impressive collection of cheery cherry pieces! I especially like the bread box.
Have a wonderful week, Jann.

Bliss said...

My mom was a June born in June too! And now I have a 3 yr. old grand daughter who has her name, picked out by my son which impressed me and had me tear up. His wife got to pick the name of the first born- a son, and he had #2.

farmhouse-story said...

oh, i remember climbing our cherry tree every summer:) you have a huge cherry collection, jann! love that eat sign, too!

Rose L said...

LOL yes, I, too, am not wise on pinterest. I have never seen so many cherry themed items! So unique!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love all of the cherry stuff! I have a few cherry things...a tablecloth a few dishes and such. Your stuff is adorable.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Unknown said...

I love your cherry collection. It's all lovely and it's perfect for your farmhouse kitchen.
Angel

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Lol about Pinterest. I use it so infrequently I forget how to use it! Love all your cherry themed things! Your 2nd kitchen is adorable! Our cherry festival starts here in Traverse City, MI this Saturday- runs for a whole week- and it all began because of cherries!

My thrift store addiction said...

Hello, I'm new here--hopped over from Revi's :) Love, love, love all of your happy cherries! Blessings, Cecilia

Tea in the Library said...

I do not think there are many things more cheering than red and white in the kitchen. I have spent some time picking strawberries and blueberries but not cherries.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I really love your kitchen and the cherry decor is perfect for summer!

Debra Howard said...

Oh what an awesome cherry collection you have...we have the same dishes (the ones in the dish drainer...mine were a gift from a friend...she had found them at a thrift store. No cups though with mine. They are so very fun to eat on.

Instagram