Groovy. . .


001


It was a nice day so these two birdhouses took a trip outdoors.


This birdhouse is taking me out of the Beatrix Potter era and into the ‘Hippie’ era. Wouldn’t you know, it’s one of my daughter, Kylee’s favorites.


004


I had two of my grand daughters over night when I made it.


After I put the fringe and the crochet flowers on I told my 12 year old g.d., Taylor that it looked like a hippie birdhouse.


She replied, “grandma, I don’t think there are hippie birds.”


I answered, “oh Taylor, I bet there are.


She said, “oh yeah, those birds with that fluffy thing on top.” Made a believer out of her.


003


Notice the music note? Can’t you hear those beatniks in there strumming some instrument?


006


I decided that no hippie home would be complete without a name. There you have it. . . ‘Hippie Haven’.


007


This one belongs to a clepto bird.

009

You know how birds gather the most random things for their nests. That’s what’s going on here. The picture is a little washed out so it’s hard to tell. There is an old heart earing, a silver ring, another rose, and a little bow.


Tomorrow I will feature the last birdhouse and the completed project.


Till then, don’t forget to feed the birds!


2 comments

Peg said...

Far Out! I swear Kylee is a flower child, she should have been born in the 60's. I can't wait to see the completed project you have been working hard on it.

veryheatherly said...

"Hippie Haven" made my day!! That is so funny and it turned out really cute.

Instagram